Pages

Thursday 3 January 2013

New Year's Resolutions for Moms

First off - A very Happy New Year to you.
That's right its New Year's Resolution time, and while some of you mom's are conforming to non-conformism, I find New Year a really good time to work on some personal improvements. The definition of "personal improvement" has grown substantially along with my new role as a mother. As moms, generally we're often working to improve ourselves so that we can also improve the lives of our children, but as moms, we cannot be extravagant when setting our goals, we have to be as realistic as possible.

Here are some common goals that other moms have set, as well as my five cents worth about each.

1. I will keep the house cleaner
My 5 cents: Seriously? If you have kids at home, your house is never going to be perfectly clean - I say get real, build a bridge and cross this off your list.

2. I will make a healthy, homemade dinner every night Try setting a general weekly menu plan with meals that are easy and quick to make for busy weekday evenings. Spending a small amount of planning time each week will make it easier to stick to your healthier meal plan.
My 5 cents: Now this is something that is definitely achievable and is definitely worth the effort. I'd go one step further here and say: "I will make a healthy, homemade dinner every night for my family to enjoy around the dinner table".

3. I will take more pictures of my kids
My 5 cents: Not possible for me. I'm quite sure my little one is the most photographed child around. For us, I am constantly grabbing the nearest camera to capture precious moments, so in my mind, if you are missing the camera shots maybe you're missing the moments too? If this is the case - get back in the game mom and rather make this resolution "Commit to my kids".

4. Eat more chocolate and less vegetables.
I need those chocolate endorphins to keep me just a few steps ahead of the children.
My 5 cents: I think this is one I may add to my list in a few years time.
Please do let me know if you have any realistic and amusing resolutions by commenting below.



1 comment:

  1. Another brilliant list of resolutions:
    http://naturemoms.com/blog/2013/01/07/green-goals-for-2013/

    ReplyDelete