Pages

Monday 4 February 2013

Aaah the very FIRST word

She speaks! ... aaah, finally we can communicate by doing more than pulling tongues at one another... this is FAN-TASTIC! (except for the fact that her first word was in fact "NO!")
A few weeks ago my naughty mother taught my daughter to shake her head mimmicking her saying "No, nooo, no". Since then when my LO was irritated or didn't like something she would shake her head - it was adorable.
On Friday, at 6 1/2 months old, she got her first tooth, and said her first few words, "No, no no!" Pretty funny, yet a tad disappointing to me. I keep saying "Yes yes yes" nodding my head to her but she responds with (you guessed it) "No no no."

According to the Circle of Moms website and a study by Stanford University - the most common first words are
1. Daddy (Dada or Papa)
2. Mommy (Mama or Mum)
  
3. Buba (Bub or Baba)
4. Bye
5. Hi
6. UhOh
7. Dog
8. YumYum (Nana)
9. No
10. Ball

Please share your first word stories with us in the comments below:

No comments:

Post a Comment